I Attempt To Make A Rug


Hello guys! Welcome to the 2nd post in my series "At Home With Sugarcoatedbears". So I'm going to be straight up. When I bought the supplies I needed, I was intending to make a rug, but then turns out I didn't have enough supplies. And I wasn't trying to go to the craft store and waste 20 more bucks because I was short on glue and rope. So I just ended up with a placemat. But I can't complain because now I use the placemat as a cute plant placemat in my room. So in today's tutorial I will show you how I made the "rug" and then you guys can see the epic fail at the end.


For this DIY you will need some rope, a glue gun with some glue, a drop cloth, and some scissors. 


So to start out you will make a little circle kind of wrap and hot glue gun it to your drop cloth. Then just keep wrapping your rope around and keep gluing it down. 


As you keep wrapping you will start to see it turning into a rug or in my case, a placemat. 


This was the part when I ran out of glue so I just decided to call it a day and have it be a placemat. 


Now you just cut the drop cloth around your rug/placemat, and then you got your placemat/rug. 


Now that you have it out you can cut all the stray pieces of the drop cloth out if you can see it hanging loose from the rug/placemat. 


Here is the final product. It didn't turn out how I thought it was, but I still love it! 


It is very happy sitting underneath this plant in my room, and It actually looks really cute! 

So that was all for today's post. I hope you found it entertaining. I epic failed on making the rug, but you live and you learn. I'll see you guys on Wednesday with another post!

















30 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing! Love this post!

    Mihaailo / mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea, you did an amazing job!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea, great job
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great! I always see this DIY on Pinterest but I think yours came out really nice.

    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and awesome! Your rug came out really good!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute idea! I love the way it looks under the plant!

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It honestly came out so good! Love how it looks underneath the plant!

    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an idea! This is so creative and awesome thought, Love it
    Fabric.com Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  9. This rug is so nice and pretty!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo that is so cute! great DIY!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Great post and I love your photos!
    Can you follow me? I follow you. ;)

    Have a lovely day!
    Tsukiakari from murasakiiroanu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! Seriously, I was looking for such a basket plate lately! Thanks for sharing.
    I'd be happy if you check out my blog, too!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg i love your blog! looks great! thanks for sharing


    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol.. as long as you can laugh about it.
    It looks cute.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome idea! You did a great job with it!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. waoo girl you are amazing dear.. ! wonderfull job pretty.. :)
    https://wpthemesfree.website best wordpress themes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw sorry you ran out of glue! That is such a great idea though and it looks perfect under that plant. Now I want to get a new glue gun and make some placemats and a rug!!

    Krisztina | http://www.krisztinaclifton.com/2017/10/kcl-friday-finds.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you did pretty well on this DIY, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so neat! I love DIY and I will soon need to look for some products to try out. The Holiday seasons always give me so much inspiration.

    xo
    www.ohhjuliana.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.ninalnguyen.com/2017/10/the-perfect-fall-cardigan.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. So I have to admit I tried to make this rug awhile ago, and got so impatient that I made it into a coaster instead...yours looks SO good!!

    xx
    Ellie
    www.citybrewed.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wait, this is so cute!! Seriously so perfect to go under a plant! Or even a placemat if you wanted to make a few extra :) Maybe not big enough for a rug but DEF not an epic fail!


    xo, Allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh man I have had things like this happen. I'd call is a re design though....not a fail. It's super cute under the plant! It'd also be cute on a table with candles or flowers on it!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks great!!! You got the technique right :), if you had enough supplies it would've have been just as great as a rug as it is as a placemat! :) Great idea, lovely! :)
    Diana xxx
    www.diasway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete