Is Social Media Unrealistic?


Do you guys remember last week when I told you that i wanted to write a somewhat personal post, well here it is. I really want to talk about why social media seems so unrealistic at times, and I really want to talk about showing off your real success. I have to say I'm addicted to social media, I will be in school scrolling, and watching everyone's stories. It's really fun to see all of the content, and sometimes see an inspirational quote here or there. I will say through that with me being a blogger I follow a lot of other bloggers, and I feel like some people just seem like they are perfect. I will scroll through my feed, and see beautiful fashion bloggers, models, and amazing travel bloggers. All of the people I follow inspire me but sometimes I have to wonder if they are making some sort of an impact on me as an individual.


I do really feel inspired when I see their photos, but then an element of me is like, "these people's lives seem like an unreachable dream". I mean who gets paid to travel around the world, that is just incredible. Many people end up working ordinary 9-5 jobs, some jobs they may not like, but yet there is people out here living their dream being a full time influencer. I really want to be a full time fashion blogger, but i feel like it is so unreachable. I know that in my lifetime I want to be an entrepreneur, but it feels so far away. I am working an ordinary high school job at a fast food joint, and while I enjoy my job, I want to be a #girlboss and be a full time fashion blogger, and live my dream. Being a full time fashion blogger would be amazing because i could inspire many people from around the world, all while having fun showing off my style. It just love inspiring others, and I already inspire people, and to me that is amazing. I receive direct messages, and comments all the time that are so sweet, and supportive, and it just motivates me so much. Also if you're wondering what my life plan is as of now, I am going to college to be on the safe side, and then I will find a job that correlates with my degree. I will always continue blogging through, and if I could go full time with it, I would for sure. It is a part time thing for sure because I do work with brands, and get paid, and that is great. I do always try to work with brands who correlate with my blog style, that way you guys get things shown to you that are interesting. Right now I am working with two hair companies, and a clothing company, and I'm so excited to share all of that content soon!


Now to discuss social media, I feel like it is totally unrealistic. We only share the best of the best of our content, and I even do this. I feel like we are all competing for social acceptance, and we all want to showcase this perfect life, but the truth is that nothing is perfect. What I notice a lot with big fashion bloggers is that they will flaunt their expensive wardrobe, travel around the world, and eat killer food. All while they do this, they will document it all through pretty images, and you have to wonder how they achieve all that. They may look successful, and amazing, but inside they could be miserable, and very materialistic. I'm not saying this about all big fashion bloggers, but I'm trying to tell you guys that their lives are not perfect, and you should know that sometimes it's a false allusion. You can have all the expensive clothes in the world, or the biggest house, but you may be miserable. Money will never buy happiness, or success. Real success is healthiness, happiness, relationships, and being fully content with your life. We should all document real success more because it's important. Show who you are naturally, and just let it radiate from you. Let your real success show, show how happy, and healthy you are, and really encourage others to do the same thing.



I love being a fashion blogger because I really enjoy inspiring, and encouraging others to be their best selves. In no way is my life perfect, and i want you guys to know that. We are only human, and we all have our little imperfections, and we should embrace them. Now I encourage all of you guys to show who you really are on social media, and to not be afraid to be yourself. I'm very thankful that I have this platform to express myself, and inspire all of you guys. Thanks so much for following along, and I challenge all of you guys to be natural, and show your real success. I hope all of you have a good rest of your week, and I will see you guys next week with another post.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!