New Year, New Changes


It's officially 2018 guys, it's crazy how fast 2017 went by, and now it's 2018. With the new year I want to focus on some things that I normally wouldn't have focused on too much in the past. I also want to leave some things behind but also gain a couple more new things. Also just so you guys know I'm not the kind of girl to wait till new years to improve myself, so this new years I would just like to make blog changes since I figured it would be a good time to implement these changes. So to start out with, the one thing that I want to focus on the most in 2018 is work life balance. I have struggled with work life balance because I have to balance school, work, sports, and my blog, so it can be hard to manage everything sometimes. This year I want to focus on school, sports, and work the most, and then dedicate less time to my blog because my blog is the main reason why I don't have much work life balance. I will still be active of course, I might just be a tiny bit less active.


What I achieved in 2017
This year I have grown up so much, and really grown into my own person. I discovered running this year, and since then I have joined the track, and cross country team. I have learned a lot from running, and it really changed my life for the better. You can read more about my experience running here. Over summer break I got serious about my blog, and have since grown my blog, and I now have a pretty good following on my blog. I got my first job in December, and now I'm making money to save up for a car. I have also had a great year with my friends, and me and my best friend Gabby's friendship is getting stronger. I really have appreciated this year because I have developed into the person who I want to be, and I can't wait to see what next year holds for me.


What I want next year to hold for me
I'm already 100% happy with myself right now, but there is always room for improvement. In 2018 I want to get faster in running, and keep shaving off seconds from my personal records. I want to improve my blog content, and showcase a realistic image of being a fashion blogger instead of just a false perfect image. I want to grow my Instagram account to 5k, and I would like to grow my blog following in general. I also want to have more of a work life balance, and unplug a little bit more often. I also of course want to put together super cute outfits this year to showcase.


 I am excited to announce that I am re launching my YouTube channel, and I also want to cut down my Instagram posting schedule to only a couple times a week instead of every other day. I will also be discontinuing my magazine due to having it take up too much time to put together, and not having enough popularity. I want to experiment more with video this year, even through I really have no idea how to edit professionally. With the YouTube channel I have made videos on it in the past, but it was from last year around Christmas time, and then I stopped doing it. The link to my YouTube is here if you want to check it out. 


Here is a basic graphic of what I want 2018 to hold for me blog wise. I'm really alright with the way things are now but I just want some new changes to my blog to allow me to have more of a balance in life. Not much is going out the door, but there's exciting things coming. 


Instagram
For Instagram my ideal kind of posting schedule would be whether or not I'm feeling it, or if I have time. So I may post 2 days in a row, and may take a couple day break, or skip a couple days and then post. At a minimum I would like to post three times a week on Instagram, but sometimes it may be more or less depending on my schedule. 


Youtube
 I would like to post at least one video every two weeks, but it may be more or less, it just depends. I would like to post vlogs, and some fashion related videos if I can learn how to film it properly. I want the videos I post to follow along the lines of fashion and lifestyle because I am a fashion, and lifestyle blogger, and that's what I enjoy doing. 


Overall
 This year I want to focus on having more of a balance, and doing things because I want to do it, not because I feel like I have to. I also want to keep shaving off time from my personal records in running. I want to showcase the two sides of blogging more instead of just the fashionable side of it. This year I want to make my posting schedule in general more flexible, but my blog posting schedule will stay the same unless it becomes an issue. So really the only major things that are changing is my Instagram posting schedule, the discontinuation of my magazine, and that I'm going to be doing videos now. 

That's it for today's post. I hope you guys will enjoy the new changes, and I also hope that you guys liked the photo recap. It's kind of funny to look back at old photos every now and then. I will see you guys on Friday with some home inspo. Have a great day!



75 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best for 2018 and good luck with your goals!!! It was so nice to meet you and read your lovely blog and can't wait to see more from you!! All the best :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you many success with your resolutions!
    Happy New Year!
    With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Good luck with your goals <3

    Kristina
    http://afairytaleofmyown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Happy New Year <3
    I followed you, I hope you will follow me <3
    https://amyviewoflife.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all your goals, sounds like you had an amazing last year. Keeping up with social media and trying to create unique content each week can be so hard. My friend and I have challenged ourselves to post to instagram everyday for the year and I'm already regretting it haha. Best of luck with your YouTube channel, I'm excited to see what you post
    Xx

    Http://heatherlousie.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding a balance is always tough. I hear ya! Best of luck and happy 2018!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing that you are able to do so much while still in school! Keep it up girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like 2017 was the year of positive growth for you. Cheers to a new year! <3

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have a busy year ahead! Good luck with your goals. I've also started to post a bit less frequently on Instagram, because, frankly it takes up a lot of time. Experimenting with YouTube videos also sounds like it will be a lot of fun. :)

    Alicia | https://www.alifestyleblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outlook on Instagram, I think a lot of us are stepping back from it and making it more of something we do when we want to instead of feeling like we have to <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, happy new year! xx
    http://rachmcnally.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy to hear last year was a good one for you, and I hope 2018 brings you even more happiness! It's great you've started running and good luck with Youtube!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing pictures, dear! Happy New Year:)

    irinathayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great review of the year Courtney!!
    I want to start more videos too, so you'll have to let us in on your secrets!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year and hope you have one fabulous year!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow sounds like a lot of changes. I hear you blogging can take up A LOT of time. And we all have to have lives not in front of the computer. Good luck with the running. When I lived in Seattle I had roommates who ran in competitions. And good luck with your Youtube channel I stared one this year too.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you have learned and experience changes! Blogging does take up time so it is okay to take a step back. I know I have to time to time. Hoping you are having a wonderful new year so far!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your goals and resolutions this year! It is easy for blogging to take up a lot of time, there is always so much to do! So it's good you are setting limits so it doesn't affect your life negatively :)

    Happy new year! Hope that 2018 has started nicely for you! Mine has been so enjoyable as I'm still on leave from work so I'm taking the opportunity to relax!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you showed different pictures for different months!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute photos! Best wishes for the New Year! :)

    xx

    Linda from Beauty And Tips

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all great goals! I feel you on Instagram...it's really hard posting so much on there..it becomes such a chore! Looking forward to following along in 2018! Happy New Year!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of your goals! Yes it is all about balance! Cant wait to see what 2018 has in store for you!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is important for the blogging not to become like a job. That will take away the fun of it.
    #BeenThereDoneThat
    Have a fabulous New Year!
    http://styleforlessvegas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You do what you gotta do to get that balance lady. I wish you the best this year!

    amberelb.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. It seems like you have really found yourself. Well done on taking up running! I am like you - not really into waiting for the new year to make changes. Anyway, good luck with YouTube and all your endeavours!

    Madeline

    http://www.madelinewilsonojo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a great and successful 2018 Courtney! xx
    http://bonjourchiara.com/2017/12/26/unconventional-new-year-outfit-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I cannot agree with you more about seeking balance! I love that you mention that you don't wait until new years to change something. I always like to think of changes to make at New Years but I am also someone who likes to make changes right away. Looking forward to seeing your Youtube channel!

    Hayley - https://hayleyxmartin.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so wonderful you want to get into video! It's time consuming, but so fun and rewarding. Happy 2018, Courtney! xx

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you have an amazing year ahead :) Happy New Year Dear!
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  30. hope you have a wonderful 2018. I will for sure checkout your youtube channel!
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you have a wonderful 2018 and sweet photos!
    I definitely think it's important to do things as and when you want to do them - there's no point forcing content out!
    Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very good post, Happy New Year!.
    xo

    New post: https://blondepow.blogspot.com/2017/12/my-favorites-of-2017.html
    Blog: https://blondepow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post! Hoping you have an even better 2018 Xx

    asplashofsharan.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy New Year sweetie!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sounds like you've got a great year ahead of yourself. And I like your style of scheduling for instagram. Social media is less fun when forced, it seems.

    http://www.rosegoldrhyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hope your 2018 is even better! Great post!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have grown up so much over the year! I wish you the best of luck Courtney!

    Jennifer
    https://www.effortlesslysophisticated.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a great read! I wish I could get into, but I really hate it haha! I'm trying to start off slowly by going for longer walks and building up from there. Happy New Year xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy New year!
    https://stylettosbyana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy new year!
    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  41. The reason I love new year is new goals and motivation arised. Happy New Year, Courtney!

    Xeph Hipolito | multiverse

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy New Year, Courtney! I hope it's a great one :)

    http://www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy New Year Courtney. Wish you the best with what you have set out to achieve. X

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/01/04/morning-habits-every-girl-boss-should-try/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely post gal, Happy new year!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/high-heeled-boots-to-boost-your-confidence/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Happy New Year Dear. Wish you a prosperous year.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  46. Good to hear you had som much positive things this year! It's always hard to figure out who you are as a person and I believe you're never really done with discovering yourself (no matter how old you are), but every step you take that leads you to find the real you is an amazing step! Also love the pink dress! Have a wonderful 2018!

    Marije | thegfguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I hope all the best for you courtney and I can't wait to check out your latest videos on your channel.
    Youtube: https://goo.gl/X3APZR
    Blog: http://www.easys-tyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. YouTube appears to be the way to go! You sure do have a lot on your plate! Good luck with your goals in 2018 <3

    -Brandi Kimberly
    www.cutebrandik.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. It's great to set goals for a new year! Start fresh!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow it seems like you've had a great year! I wish you the best of luck with everything in the new year and hope you can get a bit more of a work-life balance I know how difficult it can be :)

    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy New Year and I hope you achieve all of your blogging goals. I think it is very cool that you are restarting your YouTube channel too!
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Here's to wishing you a wonderful and positive 2018! x

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your awesome! Being so young and realizing what you want to spend more time on and those things that you want to let go is so mature! All your outfits are adorable and you give really helpful advice! Are you still in high schools or college?

    Katie | www.sunshinestyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Amazing post! I really enjoyed reading it!

    Mihaailo / mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I wish you tons of inspiration in the 2018 <3


    Lots of love ♥ Janury Girl

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love that you picked out a photo from every month of the year! And video is a great direction to take your branding! I want to do the same.

    simplylovebirds.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. all the best to you in 2018 💖

    Annick

    ReplyDelete
  58. You made a good decision. I wish you success in life.


    XO
    Miri
    https://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Having a balance in life is SO incredibly important! Kudos to you for choosing to focus on that so early. That's definitely something I didn't learn until my twenties!
    2018 is going to be a great year for you!

    Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Yay for getting a job. It's really hard balancing school, work AND a blog! You need to manage your time and yourself to get that balance you want. Happy new year! x

    Bee | www.beecaluya.com x

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thats so exciting you are going to start with YouTube
    Happy New Year
    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Happy New Year and good luck for 2018 :)

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  63. You are so cute!! Happy new year and all the best for 2018.
    https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  64. You are the cutest! I'm hoping that all your plans go great! Happy New Year!

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great roundup and info, I really like all the pictures!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful pics :) You look super cute gal!
    Great! Thanks for sharing <3 Hugs
    Bridal blog

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm intrigued by the speakers! I never heard of them but glad they are good quality. Love that it is pink too!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Courtney, Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2018 with your life and blogging goals! Keep with your running, for sure...I was a student-athlete in my younger days and I learned so many valuable life lessons which I still implement today. You are a fabulous young lady and I love seeing your fun stye and your zest for life! Keep up the great work. And thanks for joining my #SpreadTheKindness Link Up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Happy New Year, dear! Your goals for the year seem very realistic and also focusing on what's important imho, so you are off to a great start! Lots of hugs from England,

    Saida | She talks Glam

    ReplyDelete
  70. You have some really sensible goals, Courtney! I'm excited to see your YouTube videos. I'm sure you'll pick up videoing and editing faster than I have! And running is a *great* habit to have - I get that right now you're in school and you're doing it as a competitive sport, but running is something you can take with you all through your life and is so great for your health AND mental well-being! I wish I had stuck with it from my youth. Now it's so so hard to get started.

    Have a great week!

    Bettye
    https://fashionschlub.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. You sound like quite a busy lady!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete