Highlands, NC Photo Diary

Over spring break I went to the Appalachian mountains and I'm here today to share a photo diary from the trip. If you are looking for a nice mountain getaway I would check out Highlands, NC for sure. It's so beautiful there and there is literally waterfalls on the side of the road. Also if you are a hiker this would be a great place to visit because there is lots of hiking. So let's get into it! 
Dry Falls

Dry falls is by far the most powerful and raging waterfall we've seen. You can go behind the waterfall too which is really cool because I can't think of any other waterfall that you can actually go behind. 

Dry Falls sign

Dry fall's power has caused some to get injured so you got to watch out and be careful when you get there. 

Dry Falls

Me taking the typical tourist shot of course haha

Gorgeous dry falls

Beautiful dry falls is alive

Bridal Veil Falls

This waterfall is the one you see when you drive up the mountain to go to highlands. It's kind of a mini waterfall but when it rains it gets more raging. 


Bridal Veil Falls

Such a cool waterfall for being on the side of the road. 

Bridal Veil Falls sign

They had to put that sign up for some reason because some idiots were probably trying to do some stupid. But it makes a cool photo. 

Glen Falls

Glen falls is the longest waterfall we saw. It is a two mile hike and there is three different parts of the waterfall that you can see. It's kind of cool because you hike down the waterfall and at the bottom it leads to a little pool. This waterfall is also supposedly the longest waterfall in North Carolina. I could be wrong about that through, I'm not sure. 

Glen Falls

This was the first waterfall at the very top of the hike.

Glen Falls

Me admiring it

Dirty hiking shoes

And of course my shoes get muddy. But hey there's nothing with getting dirty to see some waterfalls. 

Glen falls

This was the last part of the waterfall at the very bottom. I liked putting my feet in the little natural pool. 

in my element

Me in my element

Day two

Whiteside mountain

Whiteside mountain was by far the prettiest hike because when you get to the top of the mountain it's all panoramic views. It's almost 5,000 feet up and what is pretty cool is that you can see where the land gets flat. You just see mountains and then in way far off in the distance it's all flat. It's also pretty thrilling because when you are at the top of the mountain you are just so close to the edge and if there wasn't any railings I would probably be scared to death. 

Whiteside mountain view

A picture from the first lookout point. I thought that view was good but it just got better the more we hiked. 

Whiteside mountain rockface

The incredible rock faces we saw. 

Madison's, Highlands NC

After whiteside mountain we ate at Madison's for lunch. I didn't take a lot of pictures of what I ate while I was in Highlands, but this was one of the meals I ate. It was really good. 


Sunset Rock

The last spot we went to that was pretty cool was Sunset rock. While we didn't see much of a sunset it was still a beautiful spot to hangout. It overlooks the town and the town just looks so small compared to all the nature. 


Sunset Rock

And that's all the pictures! It kind of took me a while to put this all together because I tried to find the best photos. But I hope ya'll enjoy and I'll see you soon with a new blog post. 

logo





2 comments:

  1. What a great hike! It looks like such a beautiful spot to visit :) Lunch looks delicious too!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete