My Grounding/Barefoot Journey


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hey guys long time no see. I haven't written a blog post in what seems like forever but today I want to talk about my grounding/barefoot journey. I don't know if any of you guys have heard of grounding before but it is very beneficial for you and makes you feel really in touch with the environment. I found out about grounding over summer break and I have been walking barefoot a lot ever since. Some of my friends think that I'm it's weird that I'm walking barefoot and they are like, "put on your shoes". My response to that is, "you know I wear shoes when I have to wear shoes but any other time I'm going barefoot". It's kind of funny to see their reactions because they think I'm crazy. I will say through now that it's cold outside I haven't been walking barefoot as much. That's the only downside of grounding is that it's kind of a seasonal thing because otherwise you would freeze your feet off. Now if you are wondering what the benefits are of walking barefoot, well there is actually more than you think. Here are some of them...

-Better control of your foot position when it strikes the ground
-Improvements in balance and body awareness, which can help with pain relief
-Better foot mechanics, which can lead to improved mechanics of the hips, knees, and core
-Better control of your foot position when it strikes the ground
-Improvements in balance and body awareness, which can help with pain relief
-Better foot mechanics, which can lead to improved mechanics of the hips, knees, and core
-Maintaining appropriate range of motion in your foot and ankle joints as well as adequate strength and stability within your muscles and ligaments
-Relief from improperly fitting shoes, which may cause bunions, hammertoes, or other foot deformities
-Stronger leg muscles, which support the lower back region

So walking barefoot really does have benefits and it would be a great way to connect with your surroundings and be more aware of the environment around you. It would increase your awareness because while walking barefoot in nature you will need to look down to see where you're going and what you may be stepping on. I like that element of it because in the moment I'm thinking of where I am going and what I may run into along the way. For starters through I would just try walking around the neighborhood barefoot or any other soft paved surfaces. Just start out small and slowly increase your distance as you keep on grounding and after a while it will just become your second nature to walk barefoot for two miles on a hike or something. So that is my best advice for starters. Just take it slow and easy and over time you will get the hang of it. If you are dealing with foot problems too I would highly recommend grounding to let your feet loose and gain some support on the ground's surface. 

So get out there and take those shoes off! Thanks for reading and I hope to put out more blog posts soon and get back into it again. Until next time... Happy holidays! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!