How minimalism has impacted my life

Minimalism has changed my whole outlook on life in a positive way. I noticed that I feel a lot happier, lightweight, and stress free. My room looks a lot more visually appealing and everything is very convenient to find. When Snookie escapes the house and runs down the street, I don't get mad, I just laugh at her running. Just a month and a half ago I would get mad at small things like that. When I go out shopping, I notice that I ask myself if I really need it. I'm getting to be a smarter shopper and I've been saving money. I used to just buy things because I felt like I had to spend my money. But it's completely my choice. I don't have to do anything if I don't want to do it. 

Finding out about minimalism has made me realize that less is more.  

I'm not against having materialistic items and consumerism. I love going shopping, but I don't buy much, only the stuff I need or will use on the regular. You can treat yourself to items, but just don't let it get out of control. 

I find myself questioning why people hold onto certain things that they truly don't need. People will hold onto things because they are sentimental or because they might need it "just in case". But most of the time you won't ever need it "just in case". Sentimental items can be hard to get rid of because of the emotional attachment. But for those sentimental items, allow yourself a box to put the most important sentimental items into and the rest donote, sell, give to a friend, etc. 

Every time I go through my stuff, I feel lighter and a sense of freedom. I ask myself, Did I use this recently? Why am I keeping this? Will I wear this? These questions have helped me get rid of the excess. I don't overthink it, I just ask these simple questions.

So overall minimalism has made me happier, saved me money, reduced the stress, and made my life easier. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!