A Weekend in Brevard, NC


Hey guys I'm back with another post. So if you didn't know already my family went to the mountains over the weekend specifically in Brevard. Brevard is such a charming small town in the mountains, and it's stunning there! Brevard is also known for their white squirrels that are present only in that area. I didn't see any there though, but there's always next time. I'm such a mountain girl and I would love to live up in the mountains one day, and I definitely want to go to school in the mountains after I do community college in my area. I'm planning on Wake Tech, and then I want to transfer to Appalachian State, or Western Carolina. But anyways back to talking about mountains, it was so lovely there, and it was nice to relax a little bit and enjoy the fall vibes.


Day one:
We drove up on a Friday so then we could get a lot of time out of the weekend, and one day of not being in school can't hurt. I got a lot of my school work done on the drive up to the mountains, and once we got up to Brevard we settled in. We actually stayed at a log cabin that had lots of land and our own private pond. My brother and my dad were disappointed about the pond through because the guy who owns the land told us that there was trout in that pond, but there was not. So that, and a non working coffee maker were the only issues of the place, but the rest was great. So once we were all settled into the cabin me and my mom went out to Ingles to pick up some lunch, and some groceries. Then after that we just chilled at the cabin, and enjoy all the lovely scenery.




Day two:
We decided to visit Gorges National Park because they had two waterfalls there, and it was good hiking. It was absolutely stunning there, and it was the first time I saw an actual waterfall. So it was pretty great, and we got some good exercise from the hike. This is kind of off topic but you know what's awesome about traveling is you see different culture, and all kinds of cool things. Going to the mountains is awesome because everyone is so nice up there, and I love how there are a lot of outdoors kind of things. It's just different then where I live, and I really like it. But anyways back on topic-after we went to Gorges national park we headed back to the cabin to relax because we were all tired from the hike. I layed down in the eno for a bit, and worked on my history unit sheet. I also got some blog work done, so i felt pretty productive for being on holiday.





Day three:
We woke up and headed into town before we started the ride home. Me and my mom went into the White Squirrel Shoppe, and I picked up a cute mug that has the iconic white squirrel on it, and two stickers that say Brevard on it. Then we started the long ride home. So I'm a real person, and I'll always give you guys the real side of me, so we got stuck on the freeway for an hour and a half because someone got in an accident and they closed the freeway. So we, and a lot of other people were stuck parked on the freeway waiting for the accident to be moved. It was annoying, but we made it home nicely after we started moving again.






I really enjoyed the mountains a lot, and I would defiantly recommend staying in Brevard because it's really nice if you like a small town kind of vibe. Anyways I'll see you guys on Tuesday with another post.









48 comments:

  1. Those waterfalls are gorgeous! Looks like you had fun!

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a really relaxing weekend. I would love to be lounging in a hammock right now =P

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure!
    Have a happy weekend!
    Xx Caroline
    www.foreverdolledup.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time! Enjoy your weekend!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes there is something special about the mountains, I had friends that lived Upstate and I lived in the PNW for a decade and it is magical. And white squirrels? Wow I grew up with gray squirrels and then the blacks ones appeared but never saw white ones!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving this place. Amazing!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/my-first-indo-western-look/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, I love how autumnal this trip is, so cute!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a great place to disconnect and enjoy some autumn environment

    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That waterfall looks epic. I'd love to visit there someday!

    Best,
    The Heba xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous place Courtney. I love the mountains and your cabin is so beautiful. A wonderful place to relax for sure. In my bucket list. Thanks a lot my friend. Have a lovely day. xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/novotel-on-collins-melbourne-my-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing, between the log cabin, the waterfall and the dog! I would love this!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brevard sounds like a lovely place. I am glad you had a great time!
    Hugs and have a lovely rest of the weekend,
    Miri
    https://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I've nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award 2017 and I've tagged you in my most recent post on my page to explain what it is and how to accept (http://katie-lois.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/blogger-recognition-award.html). I love your blog and hope you like mine too X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like such a pretty place! I'd love to take a trip up to some mountains and stay in a cute cabin!

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow those waterfall pictures are stunning! Your log cabin looked like the most cutest little place to stay in! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Brevard.

    Jenny x
    www.theconfessionsofanonlineshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice place girl you have some amazing time there...
    https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post dear! the pics looks cool!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LONDON ROOM & MY FAVORITE DRESS

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing! I think I need a holiday away from the buzz of the city. Have a fab week, hun!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I'm so jealous as reading this. Wish you added more photos. Propa imagines myself with my husband and daughter away in a cute house in the woods omg. But then again I'd shit myself at the same time lmao. I'd need like a gun with me and bodyguards. :-D Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Dominica from London, www.dominicas.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like such an awesome weekend away! Gotta love a good weekend away with the fam!! Looks sooo beautiful babe!!!

    xxx

    Ashley

    www.missgunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful place! Check out those waterfalls <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun! Cutest pup!
    Angie
    http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so nice being surrounded by nature this beautiful. I love it! The fresh air, the quiet, the beauty...

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you had a lots of fun :)

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks and reads as a gorgeous trip. How relaxing!

    amberelb.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look like a fun trip, love these pictures.
    @rachelvogttrends
    https://www.rachelvogttrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The waterfalls look amazing!! It's so nice to get away from the citiy sometimes! xx

    http://www.dreamsandlashes.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a great place to visit. The waterfalls are beautiful, looks so peaceful. Glad you had a great weekend with your family!

    Brooke
    Pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful place!!!

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sounds like a great weekend !
    https://bookslipsticksandtravels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love visiting the mountains. That's where my post today is from too! Something about that clean air is just so refreshing!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. That cabin is so cute, looks like you had a great time
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks like such a cute and cozy little town! Love your 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' tee. :)

    Madison http://breakfastatmadisons.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. So nice place!!
    http://www.atrendylifestyle.com/2017/10/falda-vaquera-y-jersey-de-rayas.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like the most relaxing time! What a cute doggie :)

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds like you had a great time.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely time!! <3

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loved reading this and it looks so nice here!
    I can't wait to travel again

    Hayley | hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks fun! I love going to the mountains!

    Alex@SoFitSoPretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your photos - it looks like such a beautiful place!

    Heather xx
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete